What are the three types of Virtual Reality?
• NON-IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL REALITY - non-immersive virtual experiences are often overlooked as a virtual reality category because it's already so commonly used in everyday life. This technology provides a computer-generated environment but allows the user to stay aware of and keep control of their physical environment. Non-immersive virtual reality systems rely on a computer or video game console, display, and input devices like keyboards, mice, and controllers.
• SEMI-IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL REALITY - Semi-immersive virtual experiences provide users with a partially virtual environment. It will still give users the perception of being in a different reality when they focus on the digital image and allow users to remain connected to their physical surroundings. Semi-immersive technology provides realism through 3D graphics, a term known as vertical reality depth. More detailed graphics result in a more immersive feeling. This category of VR is often used for educational or training purposes. It relies on high-resolution displays, powerful computers, projectors, or hard simulators that partially replicate the design and functionality of functional real-world mechanisms.
• FULLY IMMERSIVE VIRTUAL REALITY - Fully-immersive simulations give users the most realistic simulation experience, complete with sight and sound. To experience and interact with fully-immersive virtual Reality, the user needs the proper VR glasses or a head mount display (HMD). VR headsets provide high-resolution content with a wide field of view. The display typically splits between the user's eyes, creating a stereoscopic 3D effect, and combines with input track to establish an immersive, believable experience. This type of VR has been commonly adopted for gaming and other entertainment purposes, but usage in different sectors, namely education, is increasing now. The possibilities for VR usage are endless.
3 Ways to Use Virtual Reality as a Tool for Your Business
• MARKETING - Businesses of all sizes can take advantage of virtual Reality for marketing, according to The Guardian. For instance, realtors use VR experiences to market properties for virtual walk-throughs, and VR helps construction clients envision a remodel or addition. Even boutique hotels are on board, using 360-degree VR videos to introduce prospective guests to their properties as part of the booking process.
• DATA MANAGEMENT - Virtual Reality also can change the way business owners manage their data. For example, Intuit recently hosted an event that used virtual Reality to help business owners visualize complex financial data related to their companies in a hands-on and interactive way. As virtual-reality tools become more sophisticated, they may make it easier to get updates on how your business is performing and change the way you interact with your company's most important data.
• TRAINING - Virtual Reality makes it easier for companies to put their teams through detailed training, especially when safety and security are prime considerations. For example, new hires in the industrial sector may go through virtual hazardous-waste training before receiving advanced training that puts them in contact with chemicals. Virtual-reality programs are also making it easier to train employees on a wide range of business skills. For example, Oculus' Virtual Speech experience allows users to train in public speaking in a variety of different settings.
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATIONS OF VIRTUAL REALITY?
VR in Education - VR could revolutionize education by enabling students to learn immersive, experiential ways. Immersive VR Education is building a VR classroom/meeting room with their product 'Engage' where people can learn from lecturers worldwide.
VR in Marketing - Marketing is increasingly about how companies make their customers feel. VR is, therefore, a natural extension. Coca-Cola was one of the first companies to try virtual experiences in its marketing when it converted its Christmas ads to VR in Poland.
VR in Real Estate - You can view properties from the comfort of your own home - without an estate agent and without having to sacrifice your weekend. This way, you can explore homes online and only look at the ones you like the most.
VR in Retail - The problem with online shopping is that we can not try the clothes we want before buying them. This leads to us buying two sizes and returning one or ordering one size and praying it fits you.
VR in HealthCare - Healthcare professionals, now use virtual models to prepare for work on real bodies, and VR has even been used to relieve pain from burn injuries.
Advantages of Virtual Reality
A Real-time Educational Experience - VR helps students and professionals remodel complicated tasks and projects which are even difficult to understand in real life. VR is also one such tool for medical practitioners and surgeons where they can understand the anatomical structure.
VR is the way to explore places - In this world of evolving technology, VR is a boom to every tech lover. Virtual Reality helps us to explore many places around the globe, just staying in one place.
VR Opens the world of Entertainment - It is needless to say what excellent amusement VR can bring you while staying at home. The 3-D visuals are merely an example to give you a thrilling experience of all the gaming world and live sports.
Engagement and Interaction - It is easier to communicate with your peers inside the virtual reality spaces through virtual reality headsets. As this technology is at its peak, you'll never be away from meeting new friends. Thus, Virtual Reality opens many windows for you to be interactive and open to others where you can share your experiences with the other people connected through Social media.
Dangers & Disadvantages of Virtual Reality
Virtual Reality Isolates you in Real Life - The more time spent in the virtual world, the more isolated one would feel. Being less friendly in society means you would have to struggle to express yourself publically and in private life.
VR Might Cause Eye Strain- VR headsets are the closest to your eyes that contain two small LCD monitors projected at both eyes. Putting you at risk of multiple eye disorders, VR headsets, if used for long periods, can lead to the most common problem, which is Eye strain.
Limited Educational Flexibility - The verbal interaction reduces between instructors and students where answers are predetermined, and no cross-questions are put up.
Virtual Reality Can be Glitchy - A machine is a machine that can falter at any time and moment. A programmed software can go wrong any minute, which is cumbersome for all types of users, whether students or gamers. Fixing or patching the fault may take time and also cost you more than usual.
VR is Addictive like a drug - Users who have VR headsets already will most possibly understand the pain of going through this addiction. As you spend more into the real world, this not only cuts you from Reality.
Do you need help with your Accounting System, or do you want a secure cloud application system that makes your payroll computation hassle-free? Visit us at https://accubooksystem.com/ or https://atgspay.com/ or message us through our Facebook pages, Accubooks Accounting System, and ATGS Pay.